Senior Reach is a community program that identifies older adults who may need in-home emotional or physical support and/or connection to community services.
There’s a good chance that you or someone you know will experience emotional or behavioral challenges at some point. One in five Americans experiences a mental health challenge each year. Whether someone struggles with anxiety, stress, depression, drug or alcohol addiction — or any other mental health challenge — it doesn’t have to take over his or her life.
Warning Signs That An Older Adult Needs Help
- Mental State: Confusion, disorientation, memory loss, repetitiveness
- Physical: Difficulty in seeing, hearing or walking, alcohol or substance
- Emotional: Appears depressed, anxious or withdrawn, loss of appetite
- Social: Isolated
- Appearance: Unkempt, dirty clothes, weight loss
- Environment: Home needs repair, trash or debris in yard, neglected pets.
- Economic: Confused about money matters and not able to pay for necessities.
How Does Senior Reach Work?
One of our Community Partners will call Senior Reach to make a referral about an older adult they are concerned about in the community. A Community Partner is a trained volunteer who outreaches vulnerable older adults in the community. The Senior Reach Specialist will contact the senior to determine his/her need and willingness to accept resources. If the older adult agrees, Senior Reach will connect them with appropriate services. Senior Reach is:
- A simple way to help older adults get assistance before a serious crisis develops.
- A strong partnership between agencies, businesses and community minded individuals.
- A powerful program to boost community awareness about mental health services that seniors may need and how to make a referral for seniors of concern.
Senior Reach Services Include:
- In-home counseling
- Care management referrals
- Connection to community resources
- Depression screening and treatment
Want to Learn More?
If you would like more information about the Senior Reach program, or inquire about volunteer opportunities with Senior Reach, please email us at SeniorReach@CommunityReachCenter.org or call:
303-853-3657 - Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you're calling to make a referral, please provide your name and the name of the senior you are concerned about, the senior’s address, telephone number and your concerns. Confidentiality of all parties will be maintained.
If your situation is urgent, always call 911 or Colorado Crisis Services at (844) 493-TALK (8255)
For more information call 303-853-3657.
Download Senior Reach Informational Brochure
Download Senior Reach Flyer