In addition to the provider you see for your child’s primary care at Mountainland Pediatrics, there is also a licensed psychologist on staff to address your child’s mental health needs!
What kinds of issues can the psychologist help my child with?
- Undesired behaviors, such as hitting, kicking, biting, breaking things and yelling
- Mood challenges, such as depression, anxiety, anger, stress, low self-esteem, sleep problems, suicidal thoughts, self-harming behaviors and trauma
- Health challenges, such as headaches, asthma, obesity/body image concerns, wetting or soiling pants, bed wetting, tummy aches and chronic illness
- Substance abuse, including alcohol, inhalants, marijuana, hallucinogens, narcotics and prescription drug abuse
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, including difficulty focusing, impulsiveness, oppositional behavior and disorganization
- Development/learning problems, such as poor school performance, Autism, sensory sensitivity and difficulty making and keeping friends
- Life transitions, such as divorce, birth of a sibling, starting school or death of a loved one