Seeking youth mental health services can feel intimidating or overwhelming initially. But we’ve developed processes that make it easier, beginning with an initial assessment. There are two options for obtaining this assessment: what is known as “central intake” (available on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis) or a scheduled intake appointment with our Early Childhood Services team.
In either case, you will need to complete required paperwork (which you can do in advance by downloading forms) and then meet with an intake therapist who will interview your child and connect you with the appropriate mental health services.
As you get on the path to the teen counseling or children’s mental health services your child needs, here’s what you can expect:
- Community Reach Center offers same-day pre-admission and intake assessment services when appointment slots are available. Hours and locations for these services are: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 2:00pm, at 8989 Huron St., Thornton, CO 80260 or Wednesdays, 8:00am - 10:00am at 1850 Egbert St, Ste. 200, Brighton, CO 80601.
- Waiting rooms at central intake locations and Early Childhood Services are designed with kids in mind and offer books and toys for children to enjoy while they wait.
- Please bring an ID, insurance information, and financial information with you and check in at the mental health clinic front desk when you arrive.
- Important note: If the client who is being assessed for child or youth mental health services is under the age of 15 and you have either joint or primary custody, proof of legal guardianship must be presented at your intake assessment.
- The pre-admission paperwork can be completed in 15 to 30 minutes. We encourage new clients to arrive early to ensure plenty of time to check in and complete their intake paperwork. If you have already completed your paperwork at home, please give it to the front desk staff when you arrive. Otherwise, we will provide you with all the necessary forms to complete.
- If you have questions about the paperwork, the front desk staff will be happy to assist you. Please note that they will have to ask you for personal and financial information that is required for your health record.
- After you have completed your forms, we will make an intake appointment for you on the same day if possible.
- The mental health services intake therapist you meet with will ask you and your child questions regarding the emotional or behavioral challenges you are facing. The interview will take an hour to 90 minutes. Based on your responses, the counselor will connect you with a Community Reach Center location, program, and therapist that can provide the support and services you need.
Children’s mental health or teen counseling services can help kids and families be happier and healthier. We’re proud to be your partner in optimal mental and emotional wellness.