Seeking youth mental health services can feel intimidating or overwhelming initially. But we’ve developed processes that make it easier, beginning with an initial assessment. To obtain this assessment, schedule an intake appointment with our Early Childhood Services team.
In either case, you will need to complete required paperwork (which you can do in advance by downloading forms) and then meet with an intake therapist who will interview your child and connect you with the appropriate mental health services.
As you get on the path to the teen counseling or children’s mental health services your child needs, here’s what you can expect:
- Intake assessment services are provided Monday through Friday, at 8989 Huron St., Thornton, CO 80260 or at 1850 Egbert St, Ste. 200, Brighton, CO 80601. Both Thornton and Brighton offer scheduled intakes Monday through Friday. Our office hours for intake are 8am to 5pm. Our last intake begins no later than 3pm.
- Step 1 - Print, complete and send your completed intake forms via fax to 303-487-7240 or email to Intake@CommunityReachCenter.org. Include a scan of your ID and insurance information front and back. If you are scheduling an intake appointment for a minor under the age of 15 and have either joint custody or primary custody, please include a scan of a court document (such as divorce decree or guardianship documentation) as proof of your guardianship.
- Step 2 – A front desk coordinator will call you to schedule your intake appointment. We can’t stress enough how important it is to keep your scheduled intake appointment because it is your best opportunity to see a therapist at a time that is most important to your wellbeing and recovery.
- Waiting rooms at central intake locations and Early Childhood Services are designed with kids in mind and offer books and toys for children to enjoy while they wait.
- The mental health services intake therapist you meet with will ask you and your child questions regarding the emotional or behavioral challenges you are facing. The interview will take an hour to 90 minutes. Based on your responses, the counselor will connect you with a Community Reach Center location, program, and therapist that can provide the support and services you need.
Children’s mental health or teen counseling services can help kids and families be happier and healthier. We’re proud to be your partner in optimal mental and emotional wellness.