Our goal is to make it easy to use our adult and senior mental health services. That’s why we’ve designed our pre-admission and intake assessment process to be fast and efficient. It includes two steps: completing the necessary paperwork (which can be done in advance by downloading the forms), and meeting with an intake therapist for approximately an hour. Based on that interview, you will be connected to the appropriate mental health services and your care will continue at a later date.
Here’s what to expect on your first visit:
- Community Reach Center offers same-day access for behavioral health pre-admission and intake assessments on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that depending on client volume, we may run out of appointment slots. Assessment services are provided Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 2:00pm, at 8989 Huron St., Thornton, CO 80260 or Tuesdays, 8:00am - 12:00pm at 1850 Egbert St, Ste. 200, Brighton, CO 80601.
- When you arrive at the mental health clinic, please check in at the front desk to begin the pre-admission process. Please bring an ID, insurance information, and financial information with you.
- Note: If the client who is being assessed for behavioral health services is under the age of 15, learn more about mental health services for children and youth.
- The pre-admission paperwork takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes to complete. We encourage new clients to arrive early to check in and complete their intake paperwork. If you have already completed your intake forms at home, bring them with you and give them to the front desk staff. Otherwise, we will provide you with the necessary paperwork to access our mental health resources.
- We’re here to help. If you have questions about the paperwork, please ask the front desk staff for assistance. Be aware that in helping you complete your paperwork, we will ask you for personal and financial information that is necessary for your health record.
- Once your paperwork is completed, we will assign you an intake appointment for the same day if slots are still available.
- In your appointment, you’ll meet with an intake therapist who will ask you questions about emotional or behavioral health issues that are causing you concern. Based on your responses, you will be connected with a Community Reach Center location, program, and/or mental health therapist that can best meet your needs. The interview with the intake therapist takes between an hour and 90 minutes.
Taking advantage of our adult and senior mental health services is a great first step toward better mental and emotional health. We look forward to helping you get started.