What is IRSS?
IRSS provides community-based and in- home treatment services for children, adolescents and young adults (ages 3 to 21) in Adams County who are experiencing distress related to trauma. Services follow the research-based Trauma Systems Therapy model. Trauma is defined as experiencing an event that involved death or serious injury, or a threat to the physical safety of self or others. IRSS engages the individual’s family and other members of their support system.
What services does IRSS provide?
- Comprehensive assessment of trauma and behavior concerns or impacts
- Individual and family therapy
- Safety-focused treatment, including plans for preventing or coping with crisis
- Coaching and skills building
- Medication evaluation and guidance
IRSS accepts referrals from community partners, including mental health organizations, residential facilities, child welfare agencies, hospitals and schools.
Benefits to the Consumer
- Increased sense of safety, improved academic success and better relationships with friends and family – because every day matters.
View or download our IRSS flier
View or download our IRSS flier-Spanish version