Substance Use Disorder

Community Reach Center provides a broad continuum of evidence-based therapies and supports designed to treat substance use disorders, including withdrawal management in a social detox setting, intensive residential treatment and medication assisted treatment.   The atmosphere is trauma-informed and patient-centered. 



Masters-level licensed Certified Addictions Counselors

Masters-level therapists

Addiction Technicians



Case Managers


What levels of care do you offer for substance use disorder (SUD)?

Detox Treatment Services

Intensive Residential Treatment (IRT)

Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)


What types of addictions do you treat?

Alcohol and drugs


Will I be able to receive treatment for co-occurring disorders?

Yes, all Community Reach Center's SUD programs are staffed to treat individuals with SUD as well as diagnosed mental illness.


What can I expect when I go into IRT at the Margaret Carpenter Center?

Your first step is the intake process. Once admitted, you will settle into your room. You will be assessed by a doctor within 24 hours and matched with the appropriate provider for you based on your particular treatment goals.  Once discharged from intensive residential treatment, clients are referred to any of a wide variety of outpatient programs designed to support their recovery goals.


Can I participate in the intensive outpatient program (IOP) without committing to IRT?

Yes, IOP with MAT  is provided at the Margaret Carpenter Center.


If I'm admitted to the IRT program, how long will I stay?

The IRT program follows criteria prescribed by the American Society of Addictive Medicine (ASAM) to determine the length of stay and level of care that best suits your treatment goals. ASAM is the most widely used comprehensive set of guidelines for placement, continued stay and transfer/discharge of patients with addiction and co-occurring conditions.


If I'm transported to the Center for Detox Treatment, how long will I stay?

If withdrawing from alcohol, you must blow .000 with a low Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment of Alcohol Scale score – usually  less than 3. Vitals must be within normal limits.

If withdrawing from drugs, you must have a low Clinical Opiate Withdrawal score- usually less than 3 - and report minimal to no symptoms of withdrawal. Vitals must be within normal limits.


Will my health insurance pay for my treatment?

Most insurance policies cover some level of treatment for substance use disorder.  Contact your insurance company for details. 


For more information about the Margaret Carpenter Center, call 303.280.4050.

For more information about the Center for Detox Treatment,
call 303.280.4000